TERMS & CONDITIONS
All students must read and accept these terms and conditions at the point of registration with Blue Sky Graphics trading as UK Blue Sky Graphics Limited. The purpose of this form is to outline each parties’ duties and responsibilities. These are the responsibilities from us as a course provider and you as an enrolled student (initiating attendance and registration) with Blue Sky Graphics. Blue Sky Graphics shall be used interchangeably as ‘We’, ‘Us’, ‘Company’ or ‘Training Provider’ and the customer as ’You’, ‘Learner’, ‘Client’ or ‘Student’. These terms and conditions are subject to change from time to time in our sole discretion. We will however notify you of amendments to these terms and conditions either by email or by posting them on our website at www.blueskygraphics.co.uk.
Graphic Design Course (7-8 months duration)
Web Design and Development Course (7 months duration)
User Experience Design Course (UX-UI) XD ADOBE (7 months duration)
Each course costs £1499.00 GBP. Students may opt to pay in full or to choose an instalment payment plan we refer to as Flexi options detailed on our website. We may change, alter or modify instalment plans at any time with reasonable notification.
The payment plan methods are:
Flexi option 1 which is £749.50 x 2 instalments payment release to be set on an agreed designated day.
Flexi option 2 which is £305.00 x 5 instalments payment release to be set on an agreed designated day.
Flexi option 3 which is £199.00 x 8 instalments payment release each month on the first of every month or to be set on an agreed designated day.
A deposit of £199 is required to secure a space for students using any Flexi option and this is to be deducted against the first months fees.
All three payment plan options above include bank charges and administration charges.
The first payment of each payment plan will be deducted on the day of enrolment. Each subsequent payment will be deducted automatically from the nominated credit card or PayPal account on the same date each month. To secure new enrolment an upfront deposit of £199.00 is required to be paid by the client to us which will cover the first month of the course. Payment must be paid 4 weeks before course is due to commence or by prior mutual arrangement.
Blue Sky Graphics is authorised to charge the following administration and associated fees:
PayPal service charge of £6.00 per transaction, Course Extensions, Course Upgrades (e.g. for continuing or refresher lessons at a rate of £27.50 per hour by prior mutual agreement) and student re-enrolment for any additional courses.
Enrolment is available online through email 24/7 but you must wait for us to confirm availability before your course can be booked. All payments should be made through Invoice, PayPal or Bank Transfer.
We accept most debit or credit cards with the exception of American Express, Solo and Diners cards.
Please note we, our staff, teachers or associated contacts will never ask you for cash and if you suspect any unusual activity you are kindly advised to contact our central office.
Our account details are as follows: Bank: Nationwide UK – Account number: 11864276 – Sort Code: 07 – 08- 06. UK Blue Sky Graphics Limited.
Please note your bank may offer a same day or faster payment option. Payment transfers by BACS may take longer up to three working days.
Students who wish to pay via bank transfer by instalment option or in full may pay in full by this method. Payment in cash is not accepted.
Should you wish to pay by PayPal please let us know and we will send you a payment request.
Fees are payable upon enrolment with Blue Sky Graphics. We may discontinue training if fees are not paid as required. Administration charges of £10 apply to declined credit or debit transactions due through payment plan however in order to avoid admin charges please email or call us before your due transaction debit date if you are having difficulty making payments.
We are delighted to have you on board and welcomed onto one of courses. Please read our commitment to you. Once your initial payment has been successfully processed you will be sent your enrolment details, login and password for your online secure study site GoToMeeting. The time that this payment takes to process depends on your financial institution’s internal system. As a rule, this payment acknowledgement response arrives within 24 hours. Blue Sky Graphics will issue you your enrolment details within 12-24 hours (within normal business days) of this response.
In the case of instant PayPal payment plans PayPal notifies us of instant approval of payments. In the case of e-cheque PayPal payment plans PayPal notifies us of your cleared e-cheque within 7- 10 days of payment. We will issue you your enrolment details within 24 hours (within normal business days) of the above notifications from PayPal.
A tax invoice of payment made will be issued to you for the first payment, the dates of future planned direct debits will be noted on this invoice or a Schedule of Payments letter.
This invoice will be issued to you within 3-5 days of enrolment. Once your account has been paid in full you may request a tax invoice of fees paid by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org
The date of enrolment will determine the date of payment if using a Flexi option instalment plan the same date each month thereafter. E.g. enrolment was on the 20th of July, the next debit date will occur on the 20th August, then 20th September and so on and so forth until full payments in total have been made. We will notify you of a declined transaction and/or successful reprocessing via email.
In line with UK law and data protection Blue Sky Graphics will keep all information regarding your nominated account private and confidential. It is essential to the processing of secure online credit card payments that the we use a secure third party payment intermediary (PayPal) or secure payment gateway. Both the payment gateway and our financial institution are privy to your account details for reasons of processing your payments.
We expect you:
- To contribute to learning in a harmonious and positive manner irrespective of gender, race, sexual preference, sexual identity, political affiliation, marital status, disability physical or mental or religious affiliation.
- To be honest and respectful to our members of staff, this includes not falsifying work or information and not communicating in any way that may cause offence to others or to us at the company.
- To be responsible for your own learning and development by participating actively and positively and by ensuring that you maintain progress with learning modules.
- To monitor your own progress by ensuring that assessments are submitted in a timely manner.
- To communicate openly and address any concerns either with your tutor, Course Coordinator or central office.
YOUR COMMITMENT TO US
It is your responsibility:
- To ensure that homework is met after being set (which is always a realistic amount of work deemed useful and necessary for your fast progression of learning). The teacher is there to help you and make your life easier ensuring you fully grasp and understand your course contents.
- To ensure that enough funds are available in your account to meet the requirements of our agreement on each due date.
We reserve the right to cancel a Direct Debit agreement with you if more than three or more direct debits are returned unpaid by your nominated Financial Institution and you fail to rectify the issues of payment. You may pay by Standing Order through your bank which may prove more convenient.
Our accounts or admin team will contact you to arrange an alternative payment method should there be issues receiving payments. We reserve the right to withdraw you as a student from the course, along with the Certificate of Completion that may be due or issued without refund of fees already paid for serious breach of contract but this is a highly rare action protocol.
Your teacher is there to help you every step of the way! We want you to shine and be an outstanding Graphic Designer. Use this valuable resource and you go far. You will find many questions by current and past students on our website that can help you answer a query, or you can post a question to one of the tutors yourself. You can also give us a call at our main office if you are having any difficulties. If you suffer a learning disability or any impairment please make us aware so we can best accommodate your needs. We have worked with many individuals with learning disabilities.
ENGLISH LANGUAGE PREREQUISITE
Our teachers will use English language, literacy and numeracy skills all of which are critical to almost all areas of work. This is especially true in graphic design where there is a need to communicate with all parties such as clients, read and understand design briefs and do research. Our course is delivered in English, so it is assumed that every student will have good English, reading, comprehension, speaking, listening and writing. We are however accustomed to foreign students whose native language may not be English and we are proud to have patient and passionate tutors driven by performance.
If you want to make changes to your direct debit arrangements, please contact us in writing via email at least 7 business days before the due date of the next debit transaction. These changes may include terminating your Direct Debit Agreement by paying in full the balance of your direct debit agreement, altering the monthly payment schedule. Certain changes may be affected at the sole discretion of Blue Sky Graphics. If you do not receive a satisfactory response from us to your dispute, contact your financial institution. Your statutory rights are not affected.
FEEDBACK AND COMPLIMENTS
We love feedback and value your opinion. We want to offer you the best online one to one experience and our aim is making learning fun and effective. Your compliments are encouraged. With your permission we may use these on our testimonials along with many other happy students.
We hope you will find our courses challenging, engaging, productive and excellent value for education but should you need to cancel your course please let us know as soon as possible.
- Should the client wish to cancel the course prior to their start date they may do so by giving 14 days’ notice or exercise their cooling off period which shall be 14 days in writing to their tutor or to email@example.com
- Should the course not take place through the fault of a third party, or there are delays in receiving information or unforeseen circumstances (e.g. adverse weather, internet issues) no discussion will be entered regarding client compensation however alternative course dates will be made available to the client.
- Should the course have commenced but due to an emergency or similar extenuating circumstances prevent the student from continuing then a refund may be offered at our discretion minus pro-rata lessons given at the rate of £27.50 per hour.
- Written cancellations received at least 14 days prior to the start of the course will incur no penalty.
- Written cancellations fewer than 14 days prior to the class start dates will be subject to a short notice charge of £75.50.
- Classes that have started where there is a due balance, but payment is outstanding will be charged a pro-rata rate of £27.50 per hour – classes are typically 90 minutes long.
TERMINATION BY THE COMPANY
The Company may terminate this agreement or suspend any of its obligations under it immediately and without liability for compensation or damages if:
- the Client fails to comply with any of its obligations under this Agreement or
- the Client becomes bankrupt or subject to a receiving order or makes any arrangement with creditors generally or takes or suffers any similar action as a result of debt;
- the Client commits any act which brings the Company into disrepute or which in the Company’s reasonable opinion is prejudicial to its interests;
RESOLUTION OF DISPUTES
We hope and envisage a useful, thought provoking and stimulating one to one classroom experience for you and endeavor to run the course as smooth as possible. In the event of a dispute we would ask you to phone our main office and explain clearly the issues.
All complaints will be fully investigated as per our “Complaints Procedure” providing:
- The complaint is made while the student is attendance of our course (i.e. the course has not terminated).
- The complaint is registered in writing with either the Course Coordinator Noah Wildman LLB, Operations Director and Master Graphic Design Tutor, Han Solomovich or registered with your course teacher.
- All invoices relating to the student making the complaint have been settled in full.
Besides your commitment to get stuck in and a degree of some patience (IT issues and small hiccups can sometimes occur from time to time but, usually get resolved quickly) we hope you find classes interactive, engaging, stimulating, fun and most of all rewarding.
Since you will be studying remotely (distance learning) or from home there will be a certain amount of equipment that you will need to undertake the course successfully.
These are as follows:
-A Computer or laptop desk book
-PC or Mac is fine, the course runs on any operating system. GoToMeeting itself functions like any other internet website; no special requirements are needed to run GoToMeeting. You will however be using graphics software throughout the course. These software’s require a minimum amount of system requirements to run smoothly and efficiently.
-System requirements to run design software are:
–Windows Users: Intel® Pentium® 4 or AMD Athlon® 64 processor (8 RAM minimum) or higher specification
-Microsoft® Windows® 9 or Windows 10 or above specification
-Internet connection and registration are necessary for required software activation, membership validation, and access to online services.
–Macintosh Users: -Multicore Intel® processor with 64-bit support, -Mac OS X v10.7 or 10.8 or above
-Internet connection and registration are necessary for required software activation, membership validation, and access to online services.
-Software: you will be required to obtain or have Adobe Creative Cloud (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign and Acrobat Pro). Please speak to your tutor for advice on installation.
– iPad or similar tablet will be unsuitable for the classes.
INTERNET SPEEDS AND CONNECTIVITY
Connection to Internet is fundamental to connect to your online class. We recommend (normal speeds) of 25mbps download and 3 mbps upload or above. Do not worry if you do not know your connection speeds (most speeds in the UK tend to operate well) since your teacher will quickly be able to determine your connection suitability.
Should you require a copy of our terms and conditions in writing or in Braille please write to us at: UK Blue Sky Graphics Limited, International House, 64 Nile Street, Shoreditch, London, N1 7SR.
Company Number: 11999881