With BSG learning graphic design from home has never been easier
Motion Graphics Course Syllabus
The UK’s motion graphics industry is a global success story. The international market for skilled motion designers has never been bigger, and the UK is home to one of the world’s largest motion design communities. Become part of it.
Motion graphics plays an important role in any animated video. Adobe After Effects is a comprehensive motion graphics software used to produce visual effects (vfx), motion picture compositing as well as animations.
Motion graphics is used in the post-production phase of film to make animated videos and it has the ability to create hundreds of effects that can be used to manipulate imagery.
Learning the way to produce these animations using Adobe After Effects has become a key skill across creative industries and in particular among graphic designers, web designers, and animators. The ability to create these kinds of animations is becoming a non-negotiable requirement in many creative job roles which also command higher pay than ordinary graphic design roles.
Studying the Motion Graphics Course (0630) will give you a deep understanding of this creative discipline and allow you to enter a world where visual communication is now becoming the norm. People take this course to become motion designers, a role that is typically in high demand across sectors including but not limited to gaming, advertisement campaign agencies, television, films, in-house productions, marketing, general advertising, or the media. Motion graphics will open up opportunities for all budding designers that have a creative spark or interest in graphic design, animation and film.
Through studying this exciting Adobe portfolio accredited course, you will acquire the technical know-how, insight and platform to apply your own creative talent towards a successful career in motion graphics. Learn to combine these disciplines and realise your personal creative potential. With your one-to-one class, you will quickly think on your feet, respond to live industry briefs and use a range of predominantly practical-based learning with your industry expert tutor.
Additionally, this is a fun and easy way to enter into a career and earn money, working for a company, as a freelancer or reselling your packaged animations on hundreds of sites on the web. Learning the fundamentals and understanding motion graphics is what will enable you to strive in this sector.
Motion Graphics Course (0630)
What is motion graphics?
Motion graphics is the specific area of animated graphic design that utilises best practice principles to create ‘broadcast quality’ animation and motion graphics. You will learn to combine layers of video and images into the same scene. These resulting materials can be then used in any digital format across any screen.
In this way, it can be said that Motion Graphics is simply graphic design, but made of video. You will go through creating useful and practical animations and learn how to use simple and complex animation techniques. Most importantly you will document your hard work by way of an industry-accredited professional portfolio and create a showreel consisting of finished pieces exhibiting design principles animation.
Motion graphics animation functions by manipulating vector and raster art to make and narrate a story. Adobe After Effects uses a variety of coding, manipulation tools and input from the designer to influence the media being used in a project. You can rotate, move, twist, scale among other things in order to transform your images and videos. You can integrate physical-based media as well as deploy photographs and videography.
Visual effects (VFX) also play a part in motion graphics and can be achieved through the deployment of using tools in Adobe After Effects to create atmospheres or effects like fire, smoke, explosions, scene tracking, and background replacements using green screen technology.
Why study Motion Graphics? Who is this course for?
This course has been professionally designed for motivated learners who are looking to add a highly sought after new skill to their creative repertoire, CV and stand head and shoulders above the competition. Learn the latest industry-specific information with motion graphics through Adobe After Effects.
This is a dynamic, popular and forward-looking course with a unique focus on practical aspects of motion graphics (with some theory). Through studying this exciting Adobe portfolio accredited course, you will acquire the technical know-how, insight and platform to apply your own creative talent towards a successful career in motion graphics.
This course is for all budding designers that have a creative spark or interest in graphic design, animation and film. Curious, motivated and attentive students will make the most out of the virtual live online classroom-based learning. Classes are one-to-one with a designated tutor.
You will develop a wide range of practical skills to underpin your creative design work. The syllabus is heavily aligned to current industry standards but also promotes individualistic creativity. With over 15 years of experience in the delivery of graphic design training, Blue Sky Graphic prides itself in quality assured teaching and customer excellence.
Mastering Motion Graphics through the Motion Graphics Course (0630)
Key study topics include: animation, software skills, video production, branding visual communication and typography.
During the Motion Graphics Course (0630) you will learn:
- The techniques and concepts behind animation and motion graphics as well as an ability to communicate and translate ideas into appealing motion design.
- How to Design, Animate, and Sequence complete Motion Graphics Projects.
- Learn easy yet powerful techniques to create the most complex animations.
- Work with all the transformations tools and short-cuts.
- Learn Visual Effects (vfx).
- Learn and Apply specialised effects such as Rotoscoping, Chromakeying, Camera Tracking.
and many more…
Work With After Effects Like a Professional
Learning Motion Design: you will learn how to design attractive and realistic motion.
Learning Visual Effects: you will learn how to create stunning visual effects on graphics.
Learning how to Compose like a professional: you will learn how to create realistic and attractive scenes while combining motion graphics and basics.
Contents and Summary- What you’ll learn
- With your own private tutor in the one-to-one classes, you will cover an introduction to get you familiar with Adobe After Effects and create your first animation.
- you will cover everything about the essential transformations using practical animations and useful examples.
- you will build projects and videos from scratch and practically learn more about numerous features and functions of After Effects.
- you will cover projects where you will learn how to create animation sequences and package a whole video together.
- you will cover important manipulation of the many methods in After Effects.
- you will cover arguably the most important aspect of After Effects. Compositing and putting together motion graphics are thoroughly covered. This expertise is invaluable for you to master Motion Graphics in After Effects.
- you will develop an understanding of how to use and navigate through After Effects with a dynamic, hands-on approach.
- you will learn how to use Visual Time Effects on videos and motion graphics. you will work in three-dimensional with cameras, lights and shadows.
- you will further develop and practice your new skills with 3D motion graphics projects. you will learn how to import and animate Illustrator vector graphics.
- you will create advanced text animation in 2D and 3D.you will learn to use visual effects such as motion tracking, camera tracking, chromakeying, rotoscoping, stabilizing and many other tools.
As a by product of the course contents you will:
- boost your creativity by completing practice activities and projects from simple to advanced.
- create motion graphics to enhance your videos using a step by step, easy-to-use method.
- practice compositing techniques to achieve stunning moving graphics.
- work with the latest responsive design techniques
One of the best parts of the Motion Graphics Course is having your own industry expert private tutor guiding you and being at your side all the way throughout.
Industry techniques you will learn
- Latest responsive design techniques.
- Essential 3D animation techniques.
- Advanced 3D with cameras, lights and shadows.
- 3D Camera Orbit Null.
- Per Character Text Animation.
- Animation Presets – Using, Editing, Creating and Saving Presets.
- Motion Graphics Time Games.
- Videos Time Games.
- Motion Tracking.
- Camera Tracking.
- Green and Blue Screen Chroma keying.
- Rotoscoping – removing backgrounds.
- Importing and animating vector graphics sourced from Adobe Illustrator.
- Best exports for YouTube, Vimeo and Facebook.
- Motion Graphics Visual Effects.
- Colour correction & colour grading.
- Using the essential graphics templates.
- Complex, Compound and Bezier Shapes.
- How to create your first motion graphics video.
- How to design and animate a full-motion graphic project.
- How to create complex motion paths in After Effects.
- How to import moderately complex motion paths from vector files.
- How to use Spatial and Temporal Interpolation.
- How to create Reveal Techniques using Track Mattes and Masks.
- How to master important animation techniques to help you create better animation faster.
- How to use the latest shape properties (in line with 2022 trends).
- How to use text presets.
- How to undertake compositing exercises.
- How to use the all-new scripts to animate mask points.
- How to create the latest modern titles and lower thirds.
- How to use the Puppet Tools
- How to use expressions – from simple linking to complex interpolations
- How to create animated Infographics
- How to create Data Visualisation Charts
- How to Composite with Masks and Effects
- and much more…
Most importantly this course offers you the ability to understand, practice and develop your skills in motion graphics and lots of compositing.
The course duration is 7 months from start to finish and the course comprises of weekly one-to-one lessons consisting of 90 minutes (1.5 hours) of contact time with you and your tutor. Therefore giving you 45 hours of the tutor’s undivided attention in your own private lesson. There are also 7 hours of student support contact time offered to you if required. Additionally, you will be given 120 hours of homework (building your portfolio).
Therefore the total duration of the course is 7 months (172 hours).
You can enrol on this course with no formal entry requirements other than a good understanding of spoken and written English ( level B2 and above). Ideally students should ideally have a background in graphic design or at least a foundation understanding in art, creative media or design. We will still consider students with no graphic design background and you should make a speculative application.
Applicants are expected to come with passion for creativity and a computer. Check the Technical Requirements section online. If you have a passion for motion graphics and want to pursue a career as a Motion Graphics Designer then this course is for you.
A Certificate in motion graphics will improve your candidature for a number of jobs in the motion graphics industry including:
- Motion Graphics Designer.
- Art Director.
- Art Director.
- Creative Director.
- Concept Artist.
- Design Strategy Consultant.
- Exhibition Designer.
- Editorial Designer.
- Information Designer.
- Packaging Designer.
- UX/UI Designer.
Software and Hardware Requirements
Please note that we recommend the use of a PC, laptop computer or Mac OS for the course over the use of an electronic tablet. Windows 10 or 11 and devices with 16 RAM or above is optimum. You will need a strong and stable internet connection. We also suggest headphones, a mouse, a mouse mat, and a notebook with pens to make notes.
A laptop or computer with Windows 10 or 11 is fine and if you are a Windows user we recommend an Intel® Pentium® 4 or AMD Athlon® 64 processor or higher specification.
Microsoft® Windows 10 or above. Storage over 16 GB RAM or more disk space should be available for caching and temporary files. At least 1280 x 1024 pixel resolution.
If you will use a Mac then for Macintosh Users we recommend a Multicore Intel® processor with 64-bit support, -Mac OS X v10.7 or 10.8 or above.
The software you will need is Adobe After Effects and Adobe Illustrator.
As we are a remote training centre we do not have a license to give students the software (Adobe After Effects or Adobe Illustrator) so you will need to either have the software pre-installed or if not, the most economical way is to purchase an online Creative Cloud subscription.
As a Blue Sky Graphics student, you will be eligible for the student discount subject to terms and conditions. The student discount is a heavily subsidized discount for students and valid for 12 months at £16.24 per month (correct at the time of publication 03/22).
Begin ONE-TO-ONE learning online with your
very own private tutor