Table of Contents
Graphic Design and Web Design Courses Accrington
Graphic design experts work in many fields, but primarily in commercial or artistic media, in particular in advertising, printing, and logo branding. They are a requirement in many corporations around the world due to their creative skills which are a major requirement in branding and marketing a product for public appealing.
The online graphic design course by Blue Sky Graphics is the perfect online school for beginners and experienced designers. You can complete the course within a year and learn the skills that you can implement in your work life too!
Programs used by Graphic Designers
Photoshop is a flexible tool when used correctly. It operates at the pixel level because it is a raster-based tool so that the text images can be pixelated in Photoshop. Photoshop is suitable for editing images, but not text files. You can also have trouble creating print templates or web templates.
Photoshop is perfect for editing and creating pixels, banner ads, print images, video graphics, and user interface designs. On the other hand, Photoshop is not an acceptable logos programme since you can’t edit or extend the files as much as you can with the Illustrator file.
Use Photoshop when:
Illustrator is very versatile, as anything from web designs to graphics to text documents can be made. It’s vector-based software, so it uses lines to work and doesn’t have any information or pixels. This vector base means that it is designed for modular design elements such as labels and logos.
When you change the scale of objects several times in Illustrator, they won’t be blurred much as in Photoshop. Choose Illustrator to create web graphics, full-page designs, and documents, but not to work with photographs and straight images or large multi-page documents.
Use Illustrator when:
• Creating logos for the website
• Creating images with text
• Build web or print papers, but not if they are large multi-page papers.
Adobe InDesign is designed for printing materials and is often used in complex book layouts. It is also useful for newsletters, PDF files, brochures, announcements, and everything that is needed for main pages and multiple pages. InDesign was designed to allow users to collect and elegantly organise the elements created in both Photoshop and Illustrator.
Like Illustrator, InDesign is a vector-built programme, and the only difference is that it focuses on master and multiple page functionality, while missing certain other features, such as photo editing. Nevertheless, you can customise every page with InDesign, while also creating a master view with page numbers, logo, etc. The text wrap feature of InDesign is much easier than in Illustrator.
In comparison, the templates created in Illustrator tend to be too large and fall within the category of commercial optimisation printers.
InDesign should be used when:
• Creating the layout of a book
• Creation of the file folder
• Production of newsletters, PDF reports, brochures, advertisements, and everything that needs a master list.
Job Outlook for Graphic Designers
• Art directors decide the look of the whole site. They create original graphics and site icons for the website.
• Develop guidelines for web design, style guides, and visual requirements.
• Creates digital tools for use in the promotion and advertisement of online services and products.
• Manages the collection of exempt and non-exempt workers in general, using knowledge and judgement to prepare and accomplish goals.
• Art directors usually report to a senior manager.
Motion Graphic Designer
• A Motion Graphics Artist creates animated artwork on a number of platforms, including the internet, TV, and film. Motion Graphics can be used in advertisements, online video clips, exclusive videos, demos, intros, and post-production works for television and film.
• A readable online reel for edited motion graphics is usually required, and professional Flash video clips are needed. Photoshop is one of the best master software to be a Motion Graphics Artist.
• Other applications, such as Flash, After Effects, Adobe Premiere, Final Cut Pro, and Avid Training, are often needed.
Specialist in Digital Media
• Digital media experts also produce visual effects that enhance interactive items, including shops, 3D animation, sound effects, and progress reporting.
• Expert knowledge is typically needed in Photoshop, Illustrator, PowerPoint, Flash, and Dreamweaver. It is beneficial to produce for a range of media outlets, including web, print, and multimedia.